Monday, March 31, 2008

Three Cups of Tea : One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson

Mortenson, lost and weak after a failed attempt to climb K2, stumbles into a village in northern Pakistan where the girls sit outside and, without a teacher, scratch multiplication tables in the dirt with a stick. He begins a one-man effort to build girls' schools in Pakistan. He's crazy and adventurous and big-hearted and doesn't seem to mind getting shot at. This is a magnificent book--highly recommended for individuals and book groups.

1 comment:

Beeswax said...

I've been planning to read this one..keep visiting it but not actually buying it...

THANK YOU for your reviews. Especially the ones you didn't like. I waste so much time on terrible books.

I also enjoyed the Barbara Bush Memoir, and loved A Midwife's Tale. One of my favorite books EVER.

I will read Well Behaved Women and People of the Book on your recommendation.

I will be back. Thank you!

Blog Archive