Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Good News

I've been reading a lot more than usual since Truman was born 12 weeks ago. I realized in December that I was setting new records for book expenses. I decided with my husband that I'd have a certain budget for books so that I wouldn't feel guilty. The budget began January 1st. January's budget was amplified by (1) some Christmas money a relative sent to me and (2) the Barnes and Noble gift certificates that we get from our credit card.

As of today, I have spent all of the above and all of February's budget. I talked to my husband, and we have decided to abolish the book budget.

2 comments:

Amira said...

So you're back to feeling guilty?

I checked to see how much this week's set of books would have cost me. $284.06. That doesn't count the $400.00 book I read in the reference section of the library on Saturday. I'm sure my husband isn't that nice. :)

Bryce said...

Julie --

You may want to change your little about this blog description -- it describes Truman as 7 weeks old. You'll have a hard time keeping that up-to-date.

Blog Archive