Saturday, January 15, 2005

Alexandra: The Last Tsarina by Carolly Erickson

It bothers me that an author capable of writing books as stunning as this one could elude my notice for so long. I absolutely loved this book--just couldn't get enough of it--and can't wait to read her other books.

The end of the Romanov dynasty is a fascinating story and this book does it justice. Perhaps what I appreciate most about Erickson is that the writing just disappears; I was simply ensconsed in the story. There have been times, with other books, where I have gone back and reread sentences because they were so beautiful. But even that is a distraction from the story. Here, there are no distractions. Highly recommended.


1 comment:

William said...

Sounds fascination. I've added it to my list.

Blog Archive