Saturday, August 12, 2006

Word Biblical Commentary: Isaiah (Volumes 34 and 35)


This was OK, but just OK. I'm not sure how much to blame the commentaries I read and how much to blame Isaiah, but this was a very disappointing experience for me. It may be that the Book of Mormon led me to expect to get so much out of Isaiah, and it just didn't happen. It may be that I was expecting to 'get' Isaiah in a way that I hadn't before, and that (despite the hundreds--thousands--of pages I read) didn't happen. I don't know. In any case, this is the first time that I have studied a book in depth only to like it less at the end than I did before. Again--whether the fault belongs to the commentaries I read or other factors, I can't say. But I'm sure glad I'm done with Isaiah.

No comments:

Blog Archive