Tuesday, September 11, 2007

On the Road with Joseph Smith by Richard Bushman

I can't remember that last time I enjoyed reading a book this much (and I'm not just saying that because my name was on page 78). This is essentially Bushman's diary from the year after Rough Stone Rolling was published and he muses on everything from sales rank at Amazon to the deeper issues of non-member perception of Joseph Smith. There's a blog post on nearly every page of this book--it is that discussion-worthy. Highly recommended.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see a review at T&S. Is it all post publication? I'd love to see an "On the road to Joseph Smith" where he discussed editing decisions, inclusion decisions, etc.
Matt W.

Susan said...

Rough Stone Rolling is next on my TBR list. I can't wait. This book sounds fascinating as well. Thanks for the recommendation!

Anonymous said...

Kewl! You know, you are responsible for quite a portion of my 300+ wish list on Amazon! Off to put yet another book on . . . .

Julie M. Smith said...

Matt, it is all post-production.

Blog Archive