Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson

Personal note: This is a first for me: my son read this book before I did. (I'm getting old . . .)

Dave Barry is one of my favorite writers. When I found out that he had written a children's book--and that other homeschoolers were enjoying reading it out loud--I was all over it.

Then I read the first chapter out loud and somehow sensed that this wasn't read-aloud material. Maybe because I'd have to explain too many jokes . . .

(This is when Simon picked it up and read it on his own . . .)

I did enjoy reading this prequel to Peter Pan. It isn't quite as funny as you might expect from Dave Barry, but the adventure story angle worked, and worked well. Recommended for kids reading chapter books, and adults wanting a little mind candy.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey thanks for the review; I've seen this one at the local bookstore and wondered whether or not it's any good. Eye candy's fine by me...

Melissa

Blog Archive